Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 1.6% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on June 13th. Namecoin has a market cap of $6.84 million and approximately $5,032.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.46 or 0.00004901 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last week, Namecoin has traded down 6.8% against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,474.97 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $241.29 or 0.02546605 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002171 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $61.72 or 0.00651400 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00010813 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0131 or 0.00000138 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0717 or 0.00000757 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0084 or 0.00000088 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0378 or 0.00000399 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0135 or 0.00000142 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.